Wednesday 21 October 2015

087 Rambling Up Date

For the last few weeks I have been doing Sunday morning walks come rambles in various spots around East Anglia in a vague attempt to one, improve my overall fitness (I am a closet couch potato) and two, get out and see some of the amazing natural beauty that we have in the UK.

The first couple of walks were a little sneaky as they either started or finished at a pub for lunch but otherwise I have been pretty good!

 Swans on a standing dyke leading onto the River Cam

 The start point on a misty Sunday morning walk along the Ouse
 Cattle along side the Great Ouse near Willingham
 Fenland farming along the ouse
Tree planting along the edge of the fens

I am going to try and show these walks in a more structured way than this but I have been a little rushed to get started on these so today is just a wrap up of the first fee walks; two along the River Cam and one along the Great Ouse and the Fens.

All of them have been great so far although one did involve a two mile detour... Yes I got us lost!! Ok I admit it! :-)

More to come soon

No comments:

Post a Comment