Friday 11 September 2015

079 Stormcast Fluff - 40k Cross overs?

I was reading a short piece of fluff in Issue 83 of WhiteDwarf about the new Celestant-Prime and was struck (which was possibly the intention) by how similar the idea was to that of the creation of the Primarchs and the original Spacemarine Legions in 40k (30k but you know what I mean!).


A few suitable twists, the Celestant was not lost like the Primarchs but Ghal Maraz which was need to wake the celestant was....

Having made the Celestant, Sigmar then created the Legions, I mean the Stormhosts.

Its very much, Celestant made in the image of sigmar, stormhosts made in the image of the celestant in the same way the Primarchs are made in the image of the emperor and the marines are made in the image of their Primarch. Now right now there is only one Celestant and there were many Primarchs but who knows what may come in the future?

The other thing I found interesting is the Stormcasts are literally created, destroyed and brought back to life. When I first saw the models I had the image in my head that there was nothing behind those masks, that they were either empty husks (thousand sons anyone?) or machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment