Friday 28 August 2015

077 A Pop Fuss!

Found a little bit of time this week to work on something a little different and I finally put some colour to Prince Apophas.


I started off with a black base coat and then built up some ancient ancient Dark Angels green, and some washes of the new green wash whose name escapes me completely...


You can even see I used the pop as my model holder this time round :-)


I went for green colouring to the scarabs just because it seemed a suitable colour for the bugs.... right up until my wife asked me what they were and when I said scarabs she said "well why didn't you paint them blue??" hmmmmm a quick google shows yes, most of the world and the 'Eavy Metal team chose a blue colour..... Oh well


I have started with a bronze colouring on the details of the head and shoulder. Not sure yet if I am going to pick out more colour or stay with a all bronzy/gold with some degree of corrosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment