Saturday 20 February 2016

106 Genestealer Hype!

Suffice to say that I am super excited about the news of Genestealer Cults making a return to 40k!

before we continue I want to make clear none of the images below are mine and all are being reproduced here under fair use.


These are looking amazing and certainly pay good homage to the originals.

 Genestealer Patriarch and his advisers
Genestealer Hybrids
Brood Brothers! Infected humans fighting for the Four-Armed God!


The original models produced were pretty much on the edge at the time they were produced and while they have not aged well they are certainly head and shoulders above much of which has survived since those heady days!

The story of Genestealers is long and glorious and has been tweaked a bit over the years to tie in with the Tyranid invasion once it started but they still hold a place in my heart from the original Space Hulk days and all the amazing details of their life cycle, their infiltration of the Imperium and the shear coolness of them!

I will be posting more about this as details come in together with more of the original background and art that I can fish out of the dusty tomes stashed in my attic.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I'm in love with the models! They breathe old school. Suffice to say, I'm very, very excited for this release!!

    ReplyDelete