Friday 26 February 2016

108 Tomb King Progress and Reinforcements

Many of you will have noticed that the Tomb Kings have been discontinued and as I mentioned in my previous post on the subject I managed to sneak a few models through under the budget control radar!



Settra has arrived! Now at first glance this seems to be a very good example as to just how bad finecast resin can be.... I am hoping that with time and some patience I will be proved wrong.




Following quickly behind him were three Ushabti with great weapons, I just love these models and the idea behind them. The whole Egyptian tie in really works for me and they take me straight into movies like the mummy returns when the undead army is marching across the world.





Again not great examples of finecast but they have cleaned up well. I am really looking forward to painting up these ones and am thinking I might try some sort of marble effect for their bodies...



On the painted front I have got the four character models to a point I am happy with, the lovely Queen of the Dead was a bit of a trial for me as the moulding was ropey at best and I am not entirely happy with how I ended up painting her but I think all four together make for quite a good group.

No comments:

Post a Comment