Sunday 29 March 2015

035 30th Regiment (Cambridgeshire)‏



I have been doing some research into the various regiments that fought through the Peninsular and then were present at Waterloo as while the uniforms may have changed from one to the other I want to have consistent units that were at both.

With that as a starting point I trawled through some great online info and came across the 30th Regiment (Cambridgeshire) which was part of the 5th Division during the Peninsular and then part of the 3rd at Waterloo. As Cambridge is now my adopted home I thought what better choice could there be??

Now I very much know my limits with regard to painting and so will result to cheating wherever needed so I immediately looked at the prints the helpful guys from Perry include in their packs for the appropriate Colours (flags) for the regiment but was sad to find the 30th wasn't there

Thankfully Google helped me out a little and I tracked down a company GMB who make banners for a variety of scales and historical periods, and yes you guessed it they do one for the 30th!

For under a fiver you can get 28mm scale Napoleonic colours for a whole slew of regiments from a range of nations.

Suffice to say I have ordered up some for the 30th plus a few others for sneaky plans I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment