Sunday 22 March 2015

034 Pike Fishing in the 15th Century‏



Ok so the title is somewhat misleading but hey I want to keep things interesting and varied!

1450 – 1500 Mercenaries from Perry Miniatures have arrived and I like them.



You can see here that you get a combination of Pikemen, crossbowmen and musketeers together with a command group. I am not certain yet how I want to make them up but I am thinking I will go initially with a large pike block and then build up from there with what’s left.

The sprues include a plethora of additional bits, swords, buckers and sundries that there is a lot of options for variation even if the posing of some of the types is somewhat limited.





I am not sure yet what kind of painting scheme I should go for whether it’s a historical one or a more fantastical one inline with WFB but I will probably do a few test models to see what works.

Given that you are getting 40 models for £20 I can afford to mess some up, once again I am amazed by the quality of Perry and the great value for money.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog you've got here. I've got the honour of being your first follower! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well hello and welcome!

      The first comment too, much congratulation!

      thanks :-)

      Delete