Sunday 26 June 2016

140 Trip to Warhammer World - 80s Flash Back

I managed to sweet talk my better half into coming with me to Warhammer World for the weekend, well I say sweet talked she actually didn't take any persuading at all since she has started getting into painting herself. A double win for me!


Entry into the exhibition halls are £7.50 each which while I understand it used to be free I think a small charge is justified for all the effort that has been put into the displays and the sense of joy I had seeing models and dioramas I read about in WhiteDwarf 25 years ago!


This diorama of Horus and the Emperor together with the original artwork which inspired it has always stayed with me as the quintessential image of confrontation between them.


SpaceHulk lives in 3D (yes I guess the game is 3D already!) I remember this as another piece on inspiration for the game itself and the hobby.


The Dark Angels deep in the Rock, another supper piece that has survived the time so well.

I will post some more of the main exhibition and the armies on display in another post but hopefully just this little teaser will inspire some of you to make the visit. I certainly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment