Sunday 10 May 2015

057 Aussie Lady Love

I have been soooo lucky to be able to snaffle up some of the Limited Edition sculpts by the amazing Victoria Miniatures.

Both were Limited Editions for events that I had no hope of attending and had long thought I would have no chance of getting them, short of crazy priced Ebay resales.

For those of you that don't know, Victoria Lamb is an Australian sculptor that makes some quite brilliant Imperial Guard alternatives (among lots of other great models!).

She has a range of Cadian equivalents called Arcadians which I was immediately drawn to because the Arcadians were my original fluff for the Guard way back when. They appeared in White Dwarf, a copy I will be tracking down soon, and were based on a Hiveworld Gangers as recruits.



You can see here the Standard Bearer for the Arcadian, with a perfect FEMALE (!!) Guard sculpt.



Next up is the again FEMALE (!!) Tanneberg Officer.

Now I hope you realise my enthusiasm about this models is two fold, first is the fact that they are just damn good models but also the move into the realms of realistic female sculpts, something GW resolutely avoids and most other companies only manage to produce ridiculous over sexualised female models.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic models! And finally some decent looking female figures! :D

    I had a peek on her site and she has some cool stuff. Especially interesting for my Tyrant's Legion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vic does some great work I must admit, I just hope I can do them justice!

      Thanks for the comment Rigtje, liking your blog so far, keep it up! :-)

      Delete