Sunday 24 May 2015

062 Status Update


There has not been a great deal of progress of late on the painting and modelling front but I wanted to put into words what I have been thinking and the direction I am heading.

So progress so far, has been going well, slower than I had originally hoped but still good and I am really enjoying getting back into things. The British Line Infantry (30th Regiment) is going slow but I am finding it a great help getting me back in the painting groove and recovering my brush technique. I have never been a master painting but am pleased with what I am managing.

The number of models involved in the 30th and the need to brush prime so many has really pushed me back to thinking of getting an airbrush kit. Its something I looked at when I first got back into painting but had avoided because of the cost for something that I was not sure would have much longevity if I didn’t get back in the painting groove but right now I am thinking the effort of brush priming a lot of models is actually now getting in the way of moving forward so I am thinking I may bring forward the plan for the airbrush and kit. I had been thinking I would add it to my birthday list but that’s still a long way to go!!

I have put on hold my work on the necromancer for no other reason than I am struggling to get clear in my head the route I want to take with his colours. I think I should have switched around the red and black or gone with a brown maybe? Hmmm, I think I may have to just take the plunge and change him on the fly.

I have not moved forward with the Tomb Kings models but am thinking I might like to do some larger marbled bases for them and try a bit of Wappellious styling as a tester for that but I need to get some extra materials in to allow it to happen.



The work station needs some work! I need to get some paint racks or something, at the moment two thirds of my painting space is boxes of bits and seas of paint pots. I could put them all away in draws or other boxes but I need to have them out where I can find them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment