Saturday 30 January 2016

103 Thin Red Line


The 30th Cambridgeshire is really starting to come together now, you can see how well the rank up using the Warbase slotted trays.




I quickly went from a few spread out parts to a finished ranked up group. This is one of the benefits of painting all the parts separately, that all of a sudden you find you have completed a whole swath of models when you start putting them together!


I have found painting the redcoats quite a chore but also quite a refreshing change from some of the more creative projects I have on the go. I can just get stuck into them without having to think too much about what colours or things I need, they are this and thats it kind of thing.

I still have a long way to go before the unit is finished and I have noticed a lot of models waiting in the wings to get done but I am pleased with how they are going. They wont win any awards but I am feeling good about them as my first steps back into the hobby.


I always know I have had a good painting session when my "thumb palette" gets plenty of use.

No comments:

Post a Comment