Thursday 21 January 2016

099 Continuing the Tomb Kings

I finally got round to putting some more paint on a Tomb Kings model! Ok this was mostly an excuse to break away from painting red and white on my Napoleonics but hey give me a break!



I had originally planned to tie the colours of my Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts together so that both would work when side by side but having seen my Prince Apophas end up all green I thought I should try and carry on that scheme through the Tomb Kings as a whole.




To be honest I am not sure yet, the one additional character model I have completed (do I ever really finish a model??) doesn't really scream success to me but I can see that it would work.

I experimented with different gold/bronze this time round to see what would work, I even tried some of the technical paints to see if I could make corroded bronze work but I think I didn't put enough effort in so you can hardly tell its there at all.





The Tomb priest itself provided a bit of a quandary to me in the end with regards to his skin. I wanted to avoid a weathered fleshy look as it would take away from the already pale bandages et al so I thought I would go proper dark mummified look but I am not sure I pulled it off. Maybe I need to add in some brown tones rather than just the grey/blacks....

No comments:

Post a Comment