Sunday 1 May 2016

126 OMG What have I done!!!??

It may prove to be my most costly experiment in painting since the tea cup/brush pot incident of '98 but I have some how ended up encouraging my wife to paint miniatures.....


We started with something simple, an old Empire Knight charger. Some confusion over paint names followed when steel legion drab was substituted for something metallic but we made some progress.


Ignore the saddle but notice the use of washes to add depth and texture to metal!


And this is where it has led us, Perry Miniatures and a very small sprue of French Cuirassiers; there is even greenstuff in there folks!!!

All jokes aside I am really pleased that she has decided she wants to have a go, for someone who was very artist in their youth but hasn't held a colouring pen let alone a brush for years I was impressed that she was up for the challenge.

As a very first attempt with a new medium I am very pleased with how they are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment