Sunday 29 May 2016

133 An elder Eldar?


Another lovely model spoiled by being made from Finecast!! So much lost detail, holes, weird overcast bits between parts... argh!



Now at least this time round I was generally able to tell what was poor casting and what was model, unlike my experience with some of the Tomb Kings where I couldn't tell if some of the decay was intended or not!

I didn't want to go with something close to the original GW idea this time round as I think its a little dated and too "cartoon" in some ways so went for something more toned down and gritty... well that was the plan.


Incubi Darkness was my starting point as a green black which I think works well, I went with flesh for her arms instead of the body suit she is meant to wear as I was wanting to step away from the synskin suits of the Assassins I have been doing,


I then tried to get a sort of enamelled look to the body armour parts by using some coelia greensahde and a moot green highlight which I think works well.

The contrasting red for the hair breaks up the otherwise very green palette which is just good ole scab red and a blood red wash. Love those old school paints!

No comments:

Post a Comment