Friday 13 May 2016

131 Storm Scion Kasrkin Tempestus Troopers


Imperial Guard, Astra Militarum, Grunts with Flash lights, call them what you will. I have always had a soft spot for the everyday joe fighting for his life on the battlefields of the Grim Dark

These particular guys are the 3rd Generation of the original "Storm Trooper" from the Imperial Gaurd often called Kasrkin as they came around after Cadian/Dan Abnett works.


And I love them! They are the last of the metal storm troopers (although the first ones were plastic!)


They suffer from the old "must be flatish" to help with making the moulds posing style but they have a certain flare that works for me.


These guys were painted years and years ago and the only work I have done on them now is to texture paint their bases and add some static grass.

This time I went for astrogranite but with a gryphone sepia wash to make it look more muddy and while when the wash was wet I was worried it looked poor I think in the end is works well


2nd Generation! SAS in space! These guys are the gas masked SAS storming the Iranian Embassy transferred straight into the 40k universe. Again some classic models but they have not ages as well as the 3rd gen but then they are older


I painted these way back when they first game out over a decade ago I guess and you can tell from the overly bright and clean colours of grenades and packs on many of them. These guys will be getting reworked soon but I thought I would post about them now to see them in the former glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment