Wednesday 8 April 2015

047 Battle Box

I have finally got fed up with having various boxes, draws and shelves stacked with miniatures so I have invested in the new mini cases from GW and to be honest they dont seem too bad so far.




I went for the middle group "Battle" case which has three internal foam layers all cut to a tiger tooth pattern which your minis sit between.



As its layers of foam on foam so far it seems that even models taller than one layer are protected by the layer above. Also the tiger teeth foam is only attached at each end so you can push it wider to accommodate large or oddly shaped models.




Now the only problem I have had so far is that the texture of the foam is quite coarse and this is snagging on the models as I put them in. For the early rows this is not a problem as there is plenty of space to move but once you start to fill it out each row has less give and the snagging gets annoying as you load your minis in.

As a rough estimate from what I have squeezed in so far I guess you would be looking at between 250 -300 standard models.

No comments:

Post a Comment