Sunday 11 January 2015

002 The Years in the Dark

In my first post I put most of the blame for my return on random chance encounter with some dusty models in my loft but truth be told there have been a few other influences that have seen my come back to the fold.

I mentioned the influence of Steve and Ian and their Fighting Fantasy but they were only the spark to my reading interest and in the intervening years my love of fantasy and sci-fi has been very successfully fed by David Gemmel (whose death was a tragic loss to writing), David Eddings, Terry Pratchett, Steven Erikson and in more recent years Dan Abnett.

I kept contact with the world of Games Workshop for much of my early break via the Black Library and a strange reluctance to cancel my White Dwarf subscription! Although that has sadly died with the change to the magazine model, but more on that another time.

Also a rather decent fellow by the name of James Wappell  (wappellious) whose enthusiasm for painting and modelling has helped show me what is possible within the wonders of today and where the hobby has travelled. His Painting Pyramid has also helped me reinvent my painting style (such as it was!).

Ah the early post ramblings! I assure you there will be interesting content soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment