Friday 23 January 2015

011 A Blast from the Past



You may have noticed my posting pattern is framed around the weekends. The reason for this is a awful internet connection mid week meaning I can't post until I return home. I do however get plenty of time in the week to put pen to paper (or should that be finger to key?) on what has been happening or what I am planning.

What this means is my weeks out pourings all end up squished into the two days of the weekend but no matter I am sure you can all cope :-)

So the first of this weekends entries? A blast from the past.

These are where I left off last time round, this is a favourite model of mine, an inquisitor whos name I can only vaguely recall and most certainly cant spell!

This guy was metal at the time I painted him but I think he is now available in finecast so I may use that as an exercise in comparison to see how my skills fair today. Could all these years of lack of painting but gaining in maturity have aided my painting? I doubt it but we shall see!

You can probably see that my style was one of coverage and blocking in of colour rather than fine tonal blending but I am hopefully that I can develop further into something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment