Friday 20 February 2015

027 Rumours abound

I am reading a lot of rumours at the moment about changes that GW are planning for their Fantasy range and its got me thinking about a few things.

First off I have never played WFB and don't even own a rule book but that to an aside I am a big fan of the fluff. I like the imagery and feel of the world that they created; OK there are a few things that I would like to see be more dark and menacing than the current nearly comic nature (thinking orcs and goblins and Ogres) but otherwise its a cool genre.

Now some of these changes see to have been driven by GWs economic position at the moment (Bad) and as such it sounds like that a lot of the changes will lead to a reduction in the range that they produce. Now for me just getting back into painting and modelling this is not good news! While I don't expect to suddenly want to play WFB and then find new rules are no good I do worry that the range of miniatures is going to decline.

This leaves me with a dilemma with regards to certain of the different races in WFB and whether I should snap up some models now, potentially before they are gone. I am a big fan of the undead, I was a massive fan of the skaven but they have taken a turn down comic book street and that's jarring with me at the moment. Empire, Bretonnia, Elves all have potential. But if a chunk of that goes....?

What to do, what to do? hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment