Saturday 14 February 2015

026 The Benefit of Alcoholism

Who would have thought that the bottle of red wine from Friday night would prove so useful for painting? :-)



Finally got round to my first bit of painting for years, admittedly only base coats but felt good all the same!

You can see here that I have learnt from past experience and am now putting my miniatures on temp hand holders (corks) to make it easier to control and tilt and oh my I wish I had done it way back when. This is sooo much easier to control.

A few things I have noticed while getting these two base coated, the first of which I am already started to think was the case; my lighting is woefully inadequate. Now it was becoming obvious from how difficult it was to see the detail in photos but when trying to paint? Clear as day, or not as the case may be. that its actually quite dark at my desk! So more light needs to be sourced.

Second was that the more recent paints seem to be much thinner than I remember, I really didn't need to thin them as much as I expected which was quite a surprise. This may just be a failing of memory but otherwise it does seem like the paints are more fluid.

I also tested out my Masters Brush Cleaner and was amazed at how much crap this stuff pulls out of the bristles.

No comments:

Post a Comment